Pedestrian death reported on Hampton Oak Drive
A traffic accident in Elk Grove on November 2 resulted in the death of a pedestrian. The fatal collision happened around 7:15 a.m. near the intersection of Hampton Oak Drive with Canyon View Drive, according to a press release from the Elk Grove Police Department. It was reported that the 72-year-old man was wearing dark clothing and was heading west on the road alongside Hampton Oak when the collision occurred.
Driver cooperates with investigation into cause of fatal pedestrian crash
Although medical aid was administered by medics and police, the man died at the scene. The driver of the vehicle that struck pedestrian remained at the scene of the accident and cooperated with the investigation. Authorities have identified the deceased as Khanjan Bahadury, 73, of Elk Grove.
Family Members and Wrongful Death Claims
Families of pedestrians killed due to the negligence of another person or entity may file false declarations of death with a personal injury lawyer. Having successfully handled many cases involving the death of a pedestrian, our wrongful death attorneys are qualified to secure compensation for grieving families.
Compensation for pedestrian fatalities
It is possible for immediate family members to sue for a wrongful death caused by a driver’s negligence. There is also the possibility of deposit by the executor of the estate of the deceased. However, there can only be one legal action. Recovery after a fatal accident involving a pedestrian may include:
- Funeral and burial expenses may be recovered.
- There is potential for recovery of the deceased’s salary, pension, insurance, tips and bonuses.
- Loss or Consortiumthe moral support and affection provided by the deceased can be claimed by the surviving spouse.
- Children can recover damages for the advice, training and education they would have received if their parents had lived.
- The application could be joined by the grandchildren of the deceased person if their parents are deceased.
- Compensation may be available for household services provided by the loved one, such as vehicle maintenance, lawn care, tax preparation and others.
- Where the deceased did not die immediately or was hospitalized prior to death, the estate or family may provide survival action. Medical expenses and suffering before death are included in a survival action. However, it’s best to have an attorney explain how it works and how it might affect your wrongful death claim.
- In the event of an intentional act or behavior, for example regional, resulting in the death of a loved one, punitive damages can be made available to the family. California rarely awards punitive damages, so you can ask your attorney if they can be claimed.
Deaths caused by traffic accidents involving pedestrians
Many families have recovered compensation with the help of AutoAccident.com’s personal injury attorneys over the years. In the event of a pedestrian accident and the loss of a loved one, we understand the trauma caused to families by this type of accident. As difficult as these times may be for our customers, we are working to make it easier for them. We protect the rights of our clients while handling their cases with tenacity and investigative skills.
Car Accident and Wrongful Death Lawyers in Elk Grove
I am Ed Smitha Auto Accident Lawyer in Elk Grove. Get compassionate, free, and friendly advice on filing a wrongful death claim by calling (916) 694-0002 or (800) 404-5400. We can also be contact online.
Here are some examples of how our damage lawyers have helped others:
Our firm is a member of the Million Dollar Defenders and Top 1%.
Photo attribution: Image by Andreas Lischka from Pixabay
:cd llo ds