Driver Flees Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard Crash Injures
A hit-and-run accident in Sacramento occurred when two vehicles crashed together, and a driver fled the scene on November 17. The crash happened along the northbound Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard just south of Fruitridge Road at approximately 2:01 p.m. Officers with the California Highway Patrol (CHP) located the remaining vehicle on the right side of the road.
Fugitive driver wanted in injury crash
The hit-and-run vehicle was described as an Acura. Sacramento Fire Department paramedics arrived at the crash scene to assess injuries in the crash. However, it was not reported whether the injured person received treatment at the scene or was taken to hospital. The CHP is looking for the hit-and-run.
Injury accident involving a hit-and-run driver
Hit and run accidents increase every year despite heavy penalties. This can be caused by a variety of factors, including:
- The driver does not have a valid license, so he does not want to risk losing his driving privileges. Drivers without a license can be charged with a misdemeanor and receive a six-month prison sentence and a $1,000 fine.
- The driver doesn’t want the police to see drugs or drug paraphernalia in his vehicle.
- The driver is uninsured. An uninsured California driver can be fined a minimum for the first offense, but their vehicle can be impounded. The second conviction carries a larger fine and the possibility of losing the car in a personal accident. It is the uninsured driver’s responsibility to pay for damages if the collision results in injury.
- The motorist was while drinking and doesn’t want to risk an arrest for drunk driving. Drunk driving is a serious crime with heavy penalties.
- Panicked, the driver fled.
Investigation of an accident after a hit-and-run
Hit-and-run accidents are studied from several angles. Apprehending the fleeing driver is the first step. During our investigation, we ask witnesses and the injured party if they noticed any features during the personal accident that distinguished the driver or identifying details on the vehicle such as color, markings or decals. Vehicle details are requested, including make, model and license plate. Even part of the license plate number can be useful.
After investigating the scene, our investigators are trying to determine what caused the accident. In order to establish responsibility, our investigators use reconstruction of an accident techniques and get Surveillance camera pictures if possible. In addition, we carefully review police reports to ensure they are accurate and free from errors. It is the legal team’s responsibility to take all the evidence and structure a strong claim for the client.
Payment of damages after a hit-and-run accident
There are times when a getaway driver is apprehended, but that doesn’t always happen. When this happens, we help customers get compensation using their own uninsured/underinsured auto insurance policy. Due to the high number of uninsured/underinsured drivers in California, many motorists purchase this policy as an add-on to their auto insurance. The add-on can be used even if you don’t buy it if a family member has.
Personal Injury Lawyer in Sacramento
I am Ed Smith, and i am a sacramento personal injury attorney. It may be worth consulting a lawyer if you have been injured by a negligent driver. Contact our legal team at (916) 921-6400 for free and friendly advice. You can also contact them on line or by calling (800) 404-5400. We offer a free consultation to answer your questions, review your case, and help you understand your compensation options, in person or virtually.
Our membership in the following groups is an honor:
You can find out how our damage lawyers have helped others get the compensation they deserve at the following links:
Photo attribution: Image by Vladyslav Topyekha from Pixabay
:cd lo